Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Procrastination. . . Wishing I Wasn't So Good At It

 I have never had a to do list and if I did nothing would be checked.  As far back as I can recall I have had a hard time with getting things done in the now.  In school I was always cramming the night before an exam or finishing a paper the last minute.  Although I seem to do my best work under pressure it certainly causes me undue stress.  My husband on the other hand is the polar opposite of me.  He has great difficulty understanding why it takes me so long to get things done.  I have been this way forever.   I am having a hard time trying to change.

And it isn't  just the bad stressful stuff I would put off like doctors appointments.  I began to notice that even exciting good things would be put off to the side, to be forgotten about, and at my worst, missed.  I find it hard to just start.  But once I get the momentum going I am good.  I wonder why I am like this.  I so want to change.  

I have started making more lists of things to do which on occasion has helped me move along.  I am better at getting things done for others when I am given a set deadline but without that I am donning the crown of procrastination queen yet again.  

Do you procrastinate?  Are you too good at it?  Have you been able to change your ways?  If so ....how?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

hubby says I procrastinate...I say I am gearing up...he hee!!! List do really help me...:)